D'Arrigo Bros. Co.
For generations, D'Arrigo Bros. Co., of CA -- located in Salinas, CA -- has been a premier grower, packer, and shipper of quality fruits and vegetables. “We’ve always put our strong sustainability ethic into practice. Harvesting the sun’s power to generate electricity is consistent with our goals,” said John D’Arrigo, president, chief executive officer, and chairman of the D’Arrigo Bros. board.
The solar array installed by CalCom Solar is the largest customer-owned solar project in Monterey County interconnected using PG&E’s Net Energy Metering Aggregation (NEMA) program. NEMA enables D’Arrigo to offset multiple meters with a single, centralized solar power system. In addition, the project features the latest NEXTracker single-axis tracking technology for maximum efficiency and lowest possible installation costs.
- 2.2 MW DC Single-axis Tracking System
- $20 million in lifetime energy savings
- Produce about 4,320 megawatt hours of clean renewable energy
- 25-year rate stability / savings
- 87% offset of main facility
- 76% offset of NEMA-connected meters
Solar power system produces energy equivalent to:
- 77,000 incandescent lights switched to CFL’s
- 6,929 barrels of oil consumed
- 15.6 railcars worth of coal burned
- 2,865 acres of U.S. forests in a year